A Guide to Conveyancing

Conveyancing is simply the process where a seller transfers ownership of a property, which can be a piece of land or house, to a buyer. To help facilitate this process, you are recommended to use a conveyancer or a conveyancing solicitor. There is a difference between these two specialists. A conveyance can assist you with the transfer of ownership, but if there are legal matters like disputes surrounding the property of concern, which need to be taken to court, they cannot represent you in a court of law. [Read More]

How to Prepare for Divorce

Are you contemplating divorce? The divorce process is not only daunting but also takes an emotional toll on both parties. Therefore, people planning a divorce are encouraged to seek support from close friends and relatives. In the excerpt below, you will learn a few other ways to prepare for divorce.  Be sure about the process.  Do not rush into getting divorced. Evaluate other options such as couples counselling. You can also separate from your partner and see if the situation will improve. [Read More]

Same-Sex Divorce and Child Custody Arrangements in Australia

Regardless of the specific wording of a couple's marriage vows, the general idea of a wedding is permanence, of something that will be for a lifetime. Unfortunately, this isn't always how things pan out. As of 9 December 2017, Australia legalised same-sex marriage, and in doing so, also legalised same sex divorce. Since the legislation was broadly referred to as marriage equality, does this also mean true equality when it comes to the dissolution of the marriage? [Read More]

A Guide to Workers' Compensation Lawyers

Workplace-related injuries are common. Sometimes, employers may fail to compensate an injured worker or choose to compensate them unfairly. A workers' compensation lawyer can help clients claim compensation in such circumstances. When and why do you need a workers' compensation lawyer? The services of workers' compensation lawyers are mainly sought after employers fail to make compensation payments. However, you may seek their services when you need advice on what kinds of benefits you should expect when you suffer a work-related injury. [Read More]